The Woman in Islam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Females nails
Ghusl for women and men Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:16 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Cutting fingernails
Ghusl for women and men Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:04 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Shaving the moustache and other questions
Ghusl for women and men Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:53 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Fearing harm for having a beard
Ghusl for women and men Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:43 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Trimming the beard
Ghusl for women and men Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:16 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Hindaba (Chicory)
Ghusl for women and men Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:09 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

»  Etiquettes of differing in Islam
Ghusl for women and men Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:13 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Suffering in the path of Da'wah
Ghusl for women and men Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:54 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Conditions of trade transactions
Ghusl for women and men Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:45 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

Our Boutique
Our Wall Decals Page
translator

Ghusl for women and men

Go down

Ghusl for women and men Empty Ghusl for women and men

Post by Ithar Ghada Faied Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:40 pm

Ghusl, which is washing the entire body with water, then the basic rule with regard to it is Allah saying:

And if you are in a state of sexual impurity (Janaabah), then purify yourselves (i.e. wash your entire bodies). [Surah Al-Maaidah: 6]

And Allah saying: O you who believe. Do not come near the prayer while you are in a drunken state, until you know what you are uttering (i.e. when you are not drunk), nor when you are in a state of sexual impurity (janaabah) unless you are traveling on the road until you make Ghusl (i.e. wash your entire body). [Surah An-Nisaa: 43]

Occasions when Ghusl is Required as an obligatory Act

Ghusl is required as an obligatory act in the following cases:

1. After the discharge of semen as a result of stimulation whether awake or asleep (i.e. in a wet dream). This state is known in Arabic as "JUNUB". If, after the dream no wetness is traced in one's clothing, bathing is not obligatory. However, in case wetness is found but without recalling any dream, performing Ghusl is obligatory. This is based on the hadeeth of Umm Salamah, who reported that Umm Sulaim, the wife of Abu Talha, asked Allah Messenger (sallAllahu 'alayhi wa sallam), saying: Allah is not shy when it comes to the truth. So is it obligatory for a woman to perform ghusl if she has a wet dream (i.e. seminal fluid comes out)? The Prophet (sallAllahu 'alayhi wa sallam) responded: Yes, if she sees the fluid. This hadeeth is reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim.

2. After sexual intercourse performing Ghusl is required. It is to be done after sexual intercourse, regardless of whether one ejaculated or not. A male is obligated to perform ghusl if just the head of his private organ enters (the female private organ), even if it is for one second. This is based on the hadeeth of Abu Hurairah (radyAllahu anhu) who said: Allah Messenger (sallAllahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: When a man sits in between the four parts of a woman and enters into her (for intercourse), the ghusl becomes obligatory.� Reported by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim. In Muslim�s report, there is the addition: even if he doest ejaculate. The women falls under the same ruling as the man in this regard.

3. Following a period of menstruation, a woman is required to perform Ghusl.

4. At the end of 40 days after childbirth, a woman is required to perform Ghusl but if the bleeding stops before completing the 40 days period, then she must make the Ghusl as soon as the bleeding stops.

5. When a Muslim dies, Ghusl is required for him/her except for the Jihad Martyr (Shaheed).

Occasions for which Ghusl is preferred

Ghusl is recommended in the following cases:

1. Before going to Jummah Congregational (Friday Prayer).
2. Before going to Eid Prayers (Muslim annual feast prayers).
3. Before undertaking Umrah or Hajj (Pilgrimage to Makkah).
4. Upon washing a corpse. (According to many scholars, the performance of Ghusl is preferred for a person who washes a corpse).
5. When a disbeliever revert to Islam.

How to Perform Ghusl

The Complete Ghusl: which is what has been reported in the hadeeth of 'A'ishah (radyAllahu anhaa) in Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim, in which she said: When Allah Messenger (sallAllahu 'alayhi wa sallam) would perform ghusl due to Janaabah (sexual impurity), he would begin by washing his hands. Then he would pour water from his right hand to his left and wash his private parts with it (i.e. the left hand). Then he would perform wudoo (ablution). Then he would take water and place his (wet) fingers on the roots off his hair. Then he would pour three handfuls of water over his head. Then he would pour water all over the rest of his body. Then he would wash his feet.� This wording is from Muslim. The hadeeth is in Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim from the narration of Maymoonah, (radyAllaahu anhaa).

Special Note for women

The Ghusl for men and women is essential same. Women who have braids can do ghusl without haveing to undo their hair if they are in Jannabah (sexual impurity). However if they are impure due to Menstruation or Nifass (post Natel bleeding ) then they should open their hair before doing ghusl. (see Hadiths Below).

Also if the Muslim female is making ghusl after the end of her Menstruation or Nifass (post Natel bleeding ) then after the ghusl (decribed Below) she should take a piece a cloth perfumed with musk and clean the private parts with it thrice.

Thus apart form this difference the ghusl for men and women is as follows

1 Intention inside ones heart not verbal.

2 Say Bismillah

3 Wash the right hand up to and including the wrists. Make sure to while rub and rub between the fingers of the hand. And thus make sure no part of the hand is left dry. Three times
Then do the same with the left hand. (also three times)

4 Wash off the impurities (off the private parts)

5 Wash the right hand up to and including the wrists. Make sure to while rub and rub between the fingers of the hand. And thus make sure no part of the hand is left dry. Three times
Then do the same with the left hand. (also three times)

6 Make a cup with the right hand then from this hand take water into your mouth and swirl it inside the mouth and then expel out of mouth. then sniff remaining water from the cupped right hand and sniff water into the nose and then blow the water out and using the left hand remove the water from your nose. Do this three times

Some people rinse the mouth first three times and then rinse the nose three times

However the first method is the most authentic.

7 Wash the face three times, from the hairline to the jawbone and chin, and from start of the ear to start of the ear

A man should wash the hair of his beard by taking a handful of water and entering it below his chin and rubbing it through his beard and passing the wet fingers through the beard.

8 Wash the right arm up to and including the elbow. Three times.

The arm extends from the fingertips, including the nails, to the lower part of the upper arm. It is essential to remove anything stuck to the hands before washing them, such as dough, mud, paint, nail polish etc, that could prevent the water from reaching the skin.

Do the same with the LEFT ARM . Three times

9 Pour water over the head Three times down to the roots of the hairs. rubbing the roots of the hair with the wet fingers

10 Pour water liberally over the entire body, beginning with the right side and then the left side. Then pour water over your head. (Ensuring that no part of the body is untouched by water by rubbing the body with your hands)

11 Move away from area were you did ghusl and Wash the right feet up to and including the ankles, three times,

You should enter the water between the toes with your little finger and then wash the feet (note not wipe feet but wash them) and make sure and make sure you wash the sole of the foot and the heals. Make sure no parts of the foot is left dry

Wash the left foot same as the right foot. Three times

12 Then say the following Duas for Wudhu when outside the bathroom (if bathroom has a toilet inside it)

Ashhadu an laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, wa ashhadu anna Muhammadan abduhu wa rasooluhu.

( I bear witness that there is no god except Allah alone, with no partner or associate, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.)

Allaahumm aj'alni min al-tawwaabeena waj'alni min al-mutatahhireena

( O Allah, make me one of those who repent and make me one of those who purify themselves)

Hadiths regarding women's ghusl:

1. Umm Salamah (may Allah be pleased with her), who said: I said, O Messenger of Allah, I am a woman who wears her hair in braids. Do I have to undo my braids when I make ghusl because of janaabah? He said, No, it is enough if you pour water on your head three times, and then over the rest of your body. That will make you clean. (Reported by Muslim, no. 497).

Narrated 'Aisha: In the last Hajj of Allah's Apostle I assume the Ihram for Hajj along with Allah Apostle. I was one of those who intended Tamattu' (to perform Hajj an 'Umra) and did not take the Hadi (animal for sacrifice) with me. I got my menses and was not clean till the night of 'Arafa I said, "O Allah's Apostle! It is the night of the day of 'Arafat and I intended to perform the Hajj Tamattu' with 'Umra Allah's Apostle told me to undo my hair and comb it and to postpone the 'Umra. I did the same and completed the Hajj. On the night of Al-Hasba (i.e. place outside Mecca where the pilgrims go after finishing all the ceremonies Hajj at Mina) he (the Prophet ordered 'Abdur Rahman ('Aisha's brother) to take me to At-Tan'im to assume the lhram for'Umra in lieu of that of Hajj-atTamattu' which I had intended to perform (Bukhari Volume 1, Book 6, Number 313:)

2. Narrated 'Aisha: An Ansari woman asked the Prophet how to take a bath after finishing from the menses. He replied, "Take a piece a cloth perfumed with musk and clean the private parts with it thrice." The Prophet felt shy and turned his face. So pulled her to me and told her what the Prophet meant. (Bukhari Volume 1, Book 6, Number 312:)
Ithar Ghada Faied
Ithar Ghada Faied
Admin

Female Posts : 412
Birthday : 1978-01-13
Location Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina

http://thewomaninislam.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down