The Woman in Islam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Females nails
The Seven Ways to Fight Laziness, Boredom & Weakness When Trying To Study Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:16 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Cutting fingernails
The Seven Ways to Fight Laziness, Boredom & Weakness When Trying To Study Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:04 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Shaving the moustache and other questions
The Seven Ways to Fight Laziness, Boredom & Weakness When Trying To Study Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:53 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Fearing harm for having a beard
The Seven Ways to Fight Laziness, Boredom & Weakness When Trying To Study Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:43 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Trimming the beard
The Seven Ways to Fight Laziness, Boredom & Weakness When Trying To Study Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:16 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Hindaba (Chicory)
The Seven Ways to Fight Laziness, Boredom & Weakness When Trying To Study Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:09 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

»  Etiquettes of differing in Islam
The Seven Ways to Fight Laziness, Boredom & Weakness When Trying To Study Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:13 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Suffering in the path of Da'wah
The Seven Ways to Fight Laziness, Boredom & Weakness When Trying To Study Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:54 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Conditions of trade transactions
The Seven Ways to Fight Laziness, Boredom & Weakness When Trying To Study Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:45 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

Our Boutique
Our Wall Decals Page
translator

The Seven Ways to Fight Laziness, Boredom & Weakness When Trying To Study

Go down

The Seven Ways to Fight Laziness, Boredom & Weakness When Trying To Study Empty The Seven Ways to Fight Laziness, Boredom & Weakness When Trying To Study

Post by Ithar Ghada Faied Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:31 pm

The Seven Ways to Fight Laziness, Boredom & Weakness When Trying To Study Califo15

Study By: Shaikh Ahmed Najmee (hafidhahullaah)

The Questioner says: “I’m weak in my reading the books of benefit and when I begin to read some of the books of `ilm (knowledge) I feel weakness and boredom; so what is your advice for me, and what is the correct path in reading the books which contain beneficial
knowledge; benefit us (those seeking reward)?”

Firstly: It is a must for the one who seeks knowledge to purify his intention for Allaah the Lord of the worlds, and make his seeking the 'ilm (knowledge) being only for the purpose and goal of obtaining the pleasure of Allah; and in order to know the truth, to
act by it, and to know falsehood so as to refrain from it.

Secondly: To act by that, which he has learned from knowledge within in himself, and to try and teach what he has learned from knowledge to others.

Thirdly: To safeguard what he has learned by memorizing it, and reviewing the 'ilm (knowledge) so it does not escape him.

Fourthly: To be steadfast in learning what he does not know, so to add knowledge on top of knowledge.

Fifthly: To ask Allah constantly to bestow & grant him with beneficial knowledge and provisions that are vast, and actions that are accepted; and the Prophet (SallAllaahu `Alaihi Was Salaam) would say if he prayed the fajr prayer after he would make tasleem (salaam to the right then the left) this du’aa:

”O Allah, I ask you for knowledge which is beneficial and sustenance which is good, and deeds which are acceptable.” (To be said after making salaam for the fajr prayer)

Sixthly: If he was to feel tired and weak when he is in front of knowledge and ready to
study, then he should ask Allah to make for him will power and a desire to gain knowledge and dedicate himself to it.

Seventhly: Its obligatory on the student of knowledge to refrain from disobedience, for indeed disobedience kills the heart and weakens the understanding and its narrated about Imaam Shaafi’ee he said: “I complained to my teacher Wa’kee about my weak memory so he directed me to leave of sin and then he said, `know!!!! That knowledge is light; and the light of Allah He does not give it to a disobedient person.” And I say the proof for that is found in the Book of Allah when He Glorified be He Says:

O you who believe! If you obey and Fear Allah, He will grant you Furqaan a criterion, and will expiate for you your sins, and forgive you, and Allah is the Owner of Great Bounty.

O you who believe Fear Allah, and believe too in His Messenger (SallAllaahu `Alaihi Wa Sallam), he will give you a double portion of His Mercy, and he will give you a light by which you shall walk (straight), and he will forgive you. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving,
Most Merciful.

So what is important is that the student of knowledge needs consistent striving, striving against himself and against ones passions and lower desires and its greed, and to tire himself out in acquiring knowledge, and to hope that Allah will enable him to achieve that, and the success (tawfeeq) is from Allah.

Soorah Al-Anfaal (8):29
Soorah Al Hadeed (57):28

Translated from the book Fataawa Jaaliyya pg. 111
Ithar Ghada Faied
Ithar Ghada Faied
Admin

Female Posts : 412
Birthday : 1978-01-13
Location Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina

http://thewomaninislam.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down