The Woman in Islam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Females nails
She Observes Nafil Fasts Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:16 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Cutting fingernails
She Observes Nafil Fasts Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:04 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Shaving the moustache and other questions
She Observes Nafil Fasts Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:53 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Fearing harm for having a beard
She Observes Nafil Fasts Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:43 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Trimming the beard
She Observes Nafil Fasts Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:16 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Hindaba (Chicory)
She Observes Nafil Fasts Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:09 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

»  Etiquettes of differing in Islam
She Observes Nafil Fasts Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:13 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Suffering in the path of Da'wah
She Observes Nafil Fasts Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:54 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Conditions of trade transactions
She Observes Nafil Fasts Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:45 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

Our Boutique
Our Wall Decals Page
translator

She Observes Nafil Fasts

Go down

She Observes Nafil Fasts Empty She Observes Nafil Fasts

Post by Ithar Ghada Faied Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:44 pm

The true Muslim woman also observes nafil fasts at times other than Ramadan, if it is not too difficult for her to do so. So she fasts the day of `Arafat, and `Ashura', and the ninth day of Muharram, because fasting on these days and others is one of the righteous deeds that may expiate sins, as the Prophet (PBUH) told us:

Abu Qutadah (RAA) said:

"The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) was asked about fasting on the day of `Arafat, and he said: `It is an expiation for the sins of the previous year and the current year.'"65

Ibn `Abbas (RAA) said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) fasted the day of `Ashura', and commanded others to fast on this day too.66

Abu Qutadah (RAA) said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) was asked about fasting on the day of `Ashura', and he said: "It is an expiation for the sins of the previous year."67

Ibn `Abbas said:

"The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: `If I am still alive next year, I will fast on the ninth day (of Muharram).'"68

Fasting six days of Shawwal is also encouraged, as the Prophet (PBUH) said:
"Whoever fasted Ramadan then followed it with six days of Shawwal, it will be as if he fasted for a lifetime."69

It is also recommended to fast for three days of each month, concerning which Abu Hurayrah (RAA) said:

"My dearest friend (i.e., the Prophet (PBUH)) advised me to do three things: to fast for three days of each month, to pray two rak`ahs of duha prayer, and never to sleep until I pray witr."70

Abu'l-Darda' (RAA) said:

"My beloved friend (PBUH) advised me to do three things that I shall never give up as long as I live: to fast three days of each month, to pray duha, and not to sleep until I have prayed witr."71

`Abdullah ibn `Amr ibn al-`As (RAA) said:

"The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: `Fasting for three days of each month is like fasting for an entire lifetime.'"72

Some reports describe these three days as being the thirteenth, fourteenth and fifteenth of each month, which are called al-ayyam al-bid (the white days); other reports state that the Prophet (PBUH) used to fast on three unspecified days of each month.

Mu`adhah al-`Adawiyyah said:

"I asked `A'ishah (May Allah be pleased with her), `Did the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) used to fast three days in each month?' She said, `Yes.' I asked her, `In which part of the month did he used to fast?' She said, `He did not mind in which part of the month he would fast.'"73
Ithar Ghada Faied
Ithar Ghada Faied
Admin

Female Posts : 412
Birthday : 1978-01-13
Location Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina

http://thewomaninislam.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down