The Woman in Islam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Females nails
Qur'an the living miracle Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:16 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Cutting fingernails
Qur'an the living miracle Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:04 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Shaving the moustache and other questions
Qur'an the living miracle Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:53 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Fearing harm for having a beard
Qur'an the living miracle Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:43 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Trimming the beard
Qur'an the living miracle Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:16 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Hindaba (Chicory)
Qur'an the living miracle Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:09 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

»  Etiquettes of differing in Islam
Qur'an the living miracle Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:13 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Suffering in the path of Da'wah
Qur'an the living miracle Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:54 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Conditions of trade transactions
Qur'an the living miracle Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:45 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

Our Boutique
Our Wall Decals Page
translator

Qur'an the living miracle

Go down

Qur'an the living miracle Empty Qur'an the living miracle

Post by Ithar Ghada Faied Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:30 pm

Few facts about Qur'an:

Qur'an the living miracle Our_qu10

Qur'an was revealed to the last Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) by God.
It is the book of God. It means that each word in Qur'an is the word of God. It does not contain the words of any human.

It was revealed more than 1400 years ago and it was written down during the time of Muhammad (peace be upon him).

It was preserved and the original copy of Qur'an is still available today. It is worth mentioning that no other religion in the world has the original copy of their Holy Book.
Qur'an was revealed in Arabic language.

Today the Arabic text of every single Qur'an in the world is same.

However translations in different languages are available. Please remember that translation is the choice of words by the translator according to his understanding of the language. So there can be different translations but original text in Arabic remains same.
The following pages give proofs beyond the shadow of doubt to prove that Qur'an is the Word of God and that it is impossible for a human or a group of humans or all humanity together to write Qur'an.

Scientific miracles mentioned in Qur'an that cannot be told by a human 1400 years ago. Those scientific miracles are being confirmed today by the scientists. One of the miracles is given in brief below:

Embroyology:

More than 1400 years before the invention of the modern microscopes and the science of embryology, Allah gave us in the Qur'an the precise stages through which the human embryo goes in the course of its development:

And indeed We created man [Adam] out of an extract of clay. Thereafter We made him as a Nutfah [mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge] [and lodged it] in a safe lodging [woman's womb]. Then We made the Nutfah into a leech [or leech-like structure] then We made the leech into a chewed lump, then We made out of the chewed lump bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of creators. [Qur'an, 23:12-14; Al-Mu'minun, ¡The Believers!]

Dr. Keith L. Moore (Ph.D., F.I.A.C. The Department of Anatomy, University of Toronto, Canada) commented on these verses: ¡The zygote forms by the union of a mixture of the sperm and the ovum (¡The mixed drop!). The word ¡alaqah! refers to a leech or bloodsucker. This is an appropriate description of the human embryo from days 7-24 when it clings to the endometrium of the uterus, in the same way that a leech clings to the skin. Just as the leech derives blood from the host, the human embryo derives blood from the decidua or pregnant endometrium. It is remarkable how much the embryo of 23-24 days resembles a leech. As there were no microscopes or lenses available in the 7th century, doctors would not have known that the human embryo had this leech-like appearance. In the early part of the fourth week, the embryo is just visible to the unaided eye because it is smaller than a kernel of wheat.

The Arabic word ¡mudghah! means ¡chewed substance or chewed lump! Toward the end of the fourth week, the human embryo looks somewhat like a chewed lump of flesh. The chewed appearance results from the somites which resemble teeth marks. The somites represent the beginnings or primordia of the vertebrae... Out of the chewed lump stage, bones and muscles form. This is in accordance with embryological development. First the bones form as cartilage models and then the muscles (flesh) develop around them from the somatic mesoderm.!

Allah also states in the Qur'an the correct order in which the senses of hearing, seeing and understanding develop:

And He gave you hearing and sight and feeling and understanding. [Qur'an, 32:9; Al-Sajdah, ¡The Prostration!]

Dr. Keith L. Moore comments on these verses saying: ¡The primordia of the internal ears appear before the beginning of the eyes, and the brain (the site of understanding) differentiates last.! How could Muhammad possibly have known these embryonic stages to microscopic details unless he (i.e., Muhammad) was not truly the messenger of Allah?

Historical facts stated accurately which are being confirmed today because of the findings in the field of archaeology.

City of Iram:

There is a city that was mentioned in the Qur'an by the name of Iram. Up until 1975, this city was thought by many non-Muslims to be a mere myth since no mention of it was ever made in any known writings. In 1975 another city by the name of Ibla was unearthed in Syria. In some of the tablets found in the city of Ibla, the name of the city of Iram was mentioned for the first time as a place that used to trade with the city of Ibla. Subsequently, using space photography from the space shuttle, the city of Iram was found in the vicinity of Aden. Then behold! The appearance of this city was exactly as it was described in the Qur'an as a city built with towering pillars:

Did you [O Mohammad] not see how your Lord dealt with [the tribe of] Aad ? [the city of] Iram with lofty pillars. The like of which was not created in the lands. [Qur'an, 89:6-8; Al-Fajr ¡The Dawn!]

Predictions about the future which came true.

Fall of Persian Empire

Qur'an confidently predicted a number of things only a few years before they came to pass. The fall of the Persian Empire, for example, was predicted in spite of the fact that it had just suffered a serious military defeat. The evidence was all to the contrary. But in the chapter entitled "Rom", the fall of the Persian Empire who were recently victors over the Romans was predicted.

Open challenges to individuals, nations and humanity, which they have failed to fulfil.

Abu Lahab

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) had an uncle by the name of Abu Lahab. This man hated Islam to such an extent that he used to follow the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) around in order to discredit him. However, about ten years before Abu Lahab died, a little chapter in the Qur'an was revealed affirming that he would never become a Muslim and would therefore be condemned forever.

For ten years all Abu Lahab had to do was say, "I heard that it has been revealed to Muhammad that I will never change - that I will never become a Muslim and will enter the Hellfire. Well I want to become a Muslim now. How do you like that? What do you think of your divine revelation now?"

But he never did that. In essence, Muhammad (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "You hate me and you want to finish me? Here, say these words, and I am finished. Come on, say them!" But Abu Lahab never said them. Ten years! And in all that time he never accepted Islam or even became sympathetic to the Islamic cause.

How could he possibly have been so confident as to give someone 10 years to discredit his claim of Prophethood?

Literary Master Piece
Use and Mention of Words

For myself, I (Dr Garry Miller) have interest in mathematics & logic. There is a verse in the Qur'an:

"This a scripture whose verses are perfected and then expounded."(11:1)

Which tells me that there are no wasted words in the Qur'an; that each verse is perfected and then it is explained. It could not be in a better form. One could not use fewer words to say the same thing or if one uses more words one would only be adding superfluous information.

A revolution in logic has occurred in the last one hundred years, primarily over the difference between use and mention of words. Aristotle's law of the 'excluded middle' was the statement that every statement is either true or false. About a hundred years ago, somebody pointed out that the law of the excluded middle is a statement and is therefore not a law after all. It could just as well be false as well as true. This was a tangled knot for the logicians to untie until they came to understand the difference between the use and the mention of a word.

When we use a word, we consider its meaning. When we mention a word we are discussing the word itself. If I said Toronto is a large city, I mean Toronto, that place, is a large city. If I say Toronto has seven letters, I am talking about the word 'Toronto'. In the first case I used the word and in the second I mentioned the word.

Jesus and Adam

Connecting these ideas and the idea that the Qur'an composed of verses that are perfected and then expounded for us, consider the verse which says:

"The likeness of Jesus before Allah is as the likeness of Adam." (3:59)

It is very clear that what we have in the statement is an equation. This verse goes on to explain how that is true because they both came under unusual circumstances rather than having a mother and a father in the usual human reproductive way.

But what about the mention of the words? Was the author aware of the fact that if we were considering the words as words themselves, this sentence also read that 'Jesus' is something like 'Adam'. Well, they are not spelt with the same letters, how can they be alike in this revelation? The answer comes by checking the index of the Qur'an. So, when the word Isa (Jesus) is checked up, it is found that it occurs in the Qur'an twenty-five times. When word Adam is checked, it is found that it also occurs in the Qur'an twenty-five times. The point is that they are very much alike in this book. They are equated. So, following up on this idea, check for every case where something was set up as an equation, where the likeness of something was said to be the likeness of some other thing. And in every case, it works.

There are also some places in the Qur'an where one thing is said to be not like another thing. After a quick look at several places where on thing is said to be not like another thing, the counting revealed that their occurrence in the Qur'an do not match up. But another interesting thing happens. The Qur'an makes it very clear in the verse that trade is not like interest. The two words will be found six times for one and seven for the other. And so it is in every other case. When one thing is said to be not like another, there was a difference of one time. It would be five of one and four of the other, or seven of one and eight of another. The author is telling us that this is intentional.

And these are just some of the miracles. The Qur'an is full of miracles and new ones being discovered with time.

Ithar Ghada Faied
Ithar Ghada Faied
Admin

Female Posts : 412
Birthday : 1978-01-13
Location Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina

http://thewomaninislam.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down