The Woman in Islam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Females nails
Woman Living and Working in a Foreign Country without a Mahram Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:16 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Cutting fingernails
Woman Living and Working in a Foreign Country without a Mahram Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:04 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Shaving the moustache and other questions
Woman Living and Working in a Foreign Country without a Mahram Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:53 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Fearing harm for having a beard
Woman Living and Working in a Foreign Country without a Mahram Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:43 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Trimming the beard
Woman Living and Working in a Foreign Country without a Mahram Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:16 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Hindaba (Chicory)
Woman Living and Working in a Foreign Country without a Mahram Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 7:09 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

»  Etiquettes of differing in Islam
Woman Living and Working in a Foreign Country without a Mahram Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:13 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Suffering in the path of Da'wah
Woman Living and Working in a Foreign Country without a Mahram Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:54 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

» Conditions of trade transactions
Woman Living and Working in a Foreign Country without a Mahram Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:45 pm by Ithar Ghada Faied

Our Boutique
Our Wall Decals Page
translator

Woman Living and Working in a Foreign Country without a Mahram

Go down

Woman Living and Working in a Foreign Country without a Mahram Empty Woman Living and Working in a Foreign Country without a Mahram

Post by Ithar Ghada Faied Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:30 am

Woman Living and Working in a Foreign Country without a Mahram Pastel10

By the Great Scholar Shaikh Abdul-Azeez ibn Baz (رحمه اللّه)

I would like to ask a question regarding a woman who is residing and working in a foreign country without a mahram (related male guardian).

She says, "I am currently working in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in a women's only environment and I live in an all women's residence hall which is provided by my job where all of the residents are women and all praise is to Allah. There is no mixing between the sexes present or anything that would anger Allah the Mighty and Majestic be it in the workplace or the residence hall. I have tried to bring my brother here to be my legal mahram (related male guardian) but have been unsuccessful. What is the Islamic ruling for my current situation knowing firstly that I prayed 'istikharah' (a prayer made when facing a decision) to Allah a lot before I came and felt that Allah made things easy for me and secondly that the current condition in my own country in regards to mixing of the sexes and poor manners in the work place does not encourage a practicing Muslim to stay there and continue working. Based on all of this I ask you to give me an authentic verdict or ruling and aid me with your opinion. May Allah grant you success."

We ask Allah to grant both you and I success and to rectify our situation. That which you have done, residing in another country without a mahram (related male guardian) is okay and not harmful especially if it is not dangerous and you are among women, in an environment shielded from men performing a job which Allah has made permissible, and residing in the woman's living quarters. That which is prohibited is your traveling without a mahram. So do not travel like this with no mahram. Do not leave or arrive to this country without a mahram. If you have arrived without a mahram you must repent to Allah, seek His forgivness, and not return in the same condition. If you want to travel you must have a mahram, so be patient until your mahram arrives due to what the prophet (sall-Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, "the woman is not to travel except with a mahram". If it is easy for you to find a mahram from your extended relatives or by way of marriage where you will have your husband as your mahram and of course this affair is in the hand of Allah. You must do everything you can to find a mahram when you want to travel. As for your current residence with other women performing a permissible job, there is no problem with it.

Translated by John 'Eesa' Starling

September 24, 2009

For www.edawah.com

عمل المرأة في مكان لا إختلاط فيه

أريد السؤال عن عمل المرأة وإقامتها بدون محرم في غير بلدها، علماً بأنني أعمل حالياً بالمملكة وفي مكان كله نساء، وأقيم في القسم الداخلي التابع للعمل، وأيضاً كله نساء والحمد لله، لا يوجد اختلاط أو شيء يغضب الله- عز وجل - سواء في العمل أو السكن، وقد حاولت استقدام أخي كمحرم شرعي لي ولكن لم أُوفق لذلك، فما حكم الشرع في وضعي الحالي وإقامتي هنا بدون محرم، علماً بأنني أولاً استخرت الله عز وجل كثيراً قبل حضوري إلى هنا، وأحسست أن الله يسر لي أموراً كثيرة لهذا الأمر، ثانياً الوضع في بلدي من حيث الاختلاط وسوء الأخلاق في مجال العمل لا يشجع الإنسان المسلم الملتزم على الاستمرار فيه، على ضوء ما ذكرت لكم أرجو الفتوى الصحيحة، وعمدوني بما ترون وفقكم الله

نسأل الله لنا ولك التوفيق وصلاح الحال، أما هذا الذي فعلت فلا بأس به، إقامة المرأة في بلد، من دون محرم لا ضرر فيه ولا حرج فيه، ولا سيما إذا كان ذلك لا خطر فيه فإذا كانت بين النساء, أو في عمل مصون عن الرجال مما أباح الله - عز وجل -، أو في قسمٍ داخلي للنساء بين النساء فكل هذا لا حرج فيه، إنما الممنوع السفر، لا تسافري إلا بمحرم ولا تقدمي إلا بمحرم، فإذا كنت قدمت من بلادك بدون محرم فعليك التوبة إلى الله, والاستغفار, وعدم العودة في مثل هذا، وإذا أردت السفر فلا بد من محرم اصبري حتى يأتي المحرم, لقول النبي - صلى الله عليه وسلم-: (لا تسافر المرأة إلا مع ذي محرم)، وإذا تيسر المحرم من جهة الأقارب, أو بالزواج يكون لك زوج تتزوجي ويكون زوجك محرماً لك في السفر فالأمر بيد الله, فعليك أن تعملي ما تستطيعين عند السفر حتى يحصل المحرم, وأما إقامتك الآن بين النساء في عملٍ مباح فلا حرج فيه والحمد لله.

المصدر: http://www.binbaz.org.sa/mat/10964
Ithar Ghada Faied
Ithar Ghada Faied
Admin

Female Posts : 412
Birthday : 1978-01-13
Location Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina

http://thewomaninislam.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down